The Liebherr family business was started in post-war Germany in 1949 by Hans Liebherr. His first mobile, easy-to-assemble and affordable crane literally built the company. Today, Liebherr is one of the world’s leading manufactures of construction machinery and the world’s largest manufacturer of premium refrigeration. Our focus is investment in engineering resulting in innovation leading to superior food preservation.
Liebherr’s list of responsible production initiatives is longstanding:
- First appliance manufacturer worldwide to completely remove CFC’s from the production process in 1993
- Since 2000, Liebherr’s considerable investment to ensure environmental capability has resulted in the reduced use of chemicals, solvents and energy consumption
- Packaging materials are 100% recyclable
- Water used in the production process is purified and pollution free
- The energy released during production is recovered and utilized again in heating the manufacturing environments
- Designed, tested and manufactured in Germany and Austria
- RoHS compliant (Reduction of certain Hazardous Substances) such as mercury and cadmium from the production process
- All units are ENERGY STAR® certified
Liebherr is an industry leader in green manufacturing and ActiveGreen is a symbol of responsible practices. We’ve invested in research and development necessary to proactively make a difference. As a result, our products embody green design.